Grow and Protect Your Wealth
At Newport Capital Advisors, customized portfolio design and management is at the core of our offering. Many of our clients seek us out specifically for our investment management expertise. Others are interested in our comprehensive approach to develop a plan for their overall wealth management needs. In either case, we take the time to get to know our clients up front. We spend time to understand your personal situation and financial goals, which results in a customized investment portfolio and wealth management solutions tailored to your personal needs. As a leading independent wealth management firm, we take our role as your advisor seriously. After all, it’s your money, and we are here to help you make the most of it.
Wealth Management Issues
We believe there are twelve wealth management issues that clients typically face where we may be able to add significant value.
- Define structure of asset allocation to support clients’ life goals.
- Need for a disciplined rebalancing process of the appropriate asset allocation.
- Evaluate presence of the appropriate investments and identify managers that: a) are excellent standing alone, b) interrelate well together with no excessive overlaps, c) have no excessive conflicts, and d) possess the necessary checks and balances to minimize downside risk.
- Desire for tax-advantaged wealth accumulation.
- Need for estate liquidity housed outside taxable estate.
- Need for increased focus on cash flow and liability management.
- Interest in complex lending requiring flexible structures.
- Need for high-end lending or debt structuring for residential, commercial, or luxury purchases.
- Lending services will be coordinated with a third party company.
4. Qualified retirement plan/IRA distribution
- Need for comprehensive retirement planning to decide whether to live first on the QRP/IRA or delay withdrawals as long as possible and stretch an IRA.
- Identify the beneficiary of the QRP/IRA.
5. Corporate executive stock options
- Access asset challenges associated with concentrated stock or option positions.
- Review specialty types of holdings (e.g. restricted stock, pre IPO, etc.).
- Consider preference items for alternative minimum tax.
6. Business succession planning
- Analyze needs related to valuations or sale of business.
- Identify concerns related to business transition or inheritance.
- Need to minimize capital gains taxes if sold during client’s life or gift taxes if transferred during life.
7. Durable power of attorney issues
- Need to establish durable power of attorney for health and estate, and educate and inform family members named.
8. Gifting to children/descendants/others during life
- Need for living wealth transfer strategies (e.g. spousal gifts, annual gifting, education) and discussing gift strategies.
- Desire for fiduciary management or other trust and estate setup.
9. Charitable gifting
- Need for strategies related to charitable giving (e.g. foundation set up, gift annuities, etc.).
- Desire for ongoing management of your charitable entities.
- Need to involve children and other heirs in identifying causes.
10. Titling of assets
- Need for improved tax advantages by titling assets appropriately.
11. Executor/successor trustee issues
- Need to establish and structure executor/successor trustees that will both handle client’s desires and work well with their family.
12. Distribution plan for wealth transfer at death
- Need for minimizing taxes and handling control issues.